Sunday, May 5, 2013

project six: polygon portrait






Artist Statement:

      When extended the opportunity to work with Blender, I wanted to take a step back from intricate forms and aspired for a simpler aesthetic. This decision was influenced by my work study, where I use Blender on a day-to-day basis for strictly restoring detailed models, as opposed to creating them. Having solely used Blender's modeling tools, I was faced with a handful of unfamiliar scenarios, but I approached this assignment in the same manner as any other - by sketching out my vision first and reinterpreting it to best suit the medium at hand. When comparing project six to our previous five, this has been the assignment I've not only learned the most from, but is most relevant to the type of work I'm currently engaged in.

No comments:

Post a Comment